3rd November, 2017
Pre discussion :
How do we know the Scripture comes from God ?
Hebrews 2:1-4 The word was announced by the Lord,
accompanied by signs and wonders,
and the Holy Spirit brings conviction when we read it.
How do we receive the Scriptures?
1. We receive them richly. So rich that it flows out
of us and impacts everything we do. Collosians 3:16
2. We receive them by continuing to study them.
Acts 17:11 The people of Berea examined the Scriptures
everyday to see if what Paul and Silas said was true.
We keep alert, study daily and dig deeper.
3. We receive them by hiding them in our heart.
Psalm 119:11 Why hide the word in our heart?
1. To keep it for a time it's needed like saving up
for a time of need.
2. To keep it from being stolen. The enemy comes to
rob, steal and destroy. He wants to steal our joy.
We hide The Word of God in the deep inner part of our heart
where it cannot be stolen.
4. We receive it by delighting in it. Psalm 1:1-2.
Talks about being like a tree planted by the water
and yielding fruit in season.
Finally our responsibility is to pass it on to the next
generation. Deuteronomy 11:18-19
Teach them to your children, talking about them when you
sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie
down and when you get up.
Passing on God's Word is a full time job!
It should affect our life and be evident in all we do.